Our year in review:
- We welcomed 6 new clients
- Our assets under advisement grew to $3.5 billion +
- We hosted 212 research meetings with investment managers
- We ran 37.2 miles for charity…
- … but consumed 15+ pounds of Skittles.
Our highlights of the year:
- January: Day of Service at Friends of Trees
- February: Annual National Pie Day Pie Competition
- May: Sturdivan-Nagel Wedding
- August: Sellwood 3rd Anniversary
- December: Day of Service at MacDonald Center.
This holiday season, we gave back to our community in two ways. First, our staff spent half of a day volunteering at MacDonald Center, a Portland nonprofit organization whose mission is to “nurture the body, mind and spirit of the forgotten poor in Old Town-Downtown Portland by building connections and community.” On our visit, we decorated Christmas cookies with the members of the Center, visited Starbucks with several members, and purchased supplies for the Center’s holiday party.
We also made a donation, on behalf of each of our clients, to Financial Beginnings, which was voted by our staff as the recipient of this year’s holiday donation. “Education is essential” is a key tenet of Sellwood’s consulting philosophy and we are passionate about improving financial literacy in any way we can. Our gift supports Financial Beginning’s goal of increasing the financial literacy of youth and young adults through a variety of programs covering topics for all age ranges, from needs versus wants to budgeting, student loans and understanding credit.
Cheers to a great 2016!